High performance, low-cost reflow batch oven for use in small lot production and laboratory simulation tests.
The X-Reflow306 was designed for prototyping, laboratory testing, heat-resistance testing and low volume production.
The unit has several unique features:
- Full convection heating with independent control of the front and rear heaters, which enables hot air temperature and time settings in 5 zones and pre-setting of various profiles for different PCB’s.
- The large inspection window allows for monitoring the soldering process during operation (inspection can be done, if needed, using a microscope or camera system). Microprocessor-based control uses closed-loop monitoring to ensure absolute repeatability of the temperature profiles and has the memory to store 250 profiles.
- The large backlit display shows either the specific temperatures and times, or a graph of temperature versus time in real time. The Nitrogen Gas inlet is standard and the oven can be used for soldering in a nitrogen environment without requirement for any additional hardware.
- The unit has a computer interface for downloading the firmware upgrades. This also will enable future custom settings to be downloaded from a PC via the X485-USB Converter.
- The minimum temperature setting is 50°C to accommodate soldering or curing conductive adhesives and other materials needing lower temperatures.
- Interface to a PC will allow use of our Windows-based PC Control Program for programming and operating the oven as well as recording the executed profiles in a PC. The schedule for the release of this program is Nov 2016
- At present two external thermocouple inputs located on the back panel in conjunction with optional X-306 Oven Monitor program allow operator to monitor (see in real time on a PC, save and print) the board temperature through-out the entire reflow process when using optional X-306 Oven Monitor program.
- HIGH OPERATING TEMPERATURE for LEAD FREE SOLDERING
Higher than other ovens max. operating temperature 350 °C (662 °F) and better, stronger materials assure good performance when soldering with lead free alloys
- HIGH PERFORMANCE
The X-Reflow306 LF is a low-cost, high performance production reflow batch oven. This unit has several unique features, which enhance operation.
- SMALL DESKTOP SIZE
It has a small foot print and weighs only 43kg. Conventional ovens are large in size, but the X-Reflow306 LF can fit on top of a desk in a small room.
- LARGE GLASS VIEWING WINDOW
The large glass viewing window (280x280 mm) allows the inside reflow condition to be checked easily. Users can see the oven’s inside, and check or photograph the detail soldering conditions by using a microscope, or a small CCD camera.
- LARGE BACKLIT LCD DISPLAY WITH DIGITAL PROGRAM AND GRAPHIC PROFILE INFORMATION
The large backlit LCD display allows easy program entry and verification. Pressing one key can change the temperature numeric profile into a graph display to allow an easy check of the operating conditions at a glance. Depending on the working area, the LCD display brightness can be adjusted by the contrast adjustment in the settings menu.
- CAPACITY TO STORE UP TO 250 PROGRAMS
The oven has five operation zones- preheat 1, preheat 2, Soak, Reflow and Cooling. Each zone has defined desired temperature and time in which to reach and maintain this temperature. There is one more-purging zone when soldering in inert gas environment. Up to 250 such programs can be stored in the unit’s memory and re-called when needed.
Each Program can be specific to the PCB size and construction (number of layers), type of solder paste used for the process, mounting density, component size and mass etc.
- INDEPENDENT CONTROL OF THEFRONT AND REAR HEATERS
If the thermal load on the board is not distributed symmetrically, the operator can use independent temperature control of the front and back heaters.
- TIME ZONE LED (Operation LED’s)
Profile drawing and current zone LED’s on the front panel allow operation to be checked at a glance.
- N2 PORT
To decrease the oxidation of leads and pads during soldering, a compressed N2 gas source can be connected to the oven to replace air (oxygen).
- MANAGEMENT CONTROL OF THE PRE-PROGRAMMED PROFILES
This oven has a password protection. This allows for enabling/disabling programming of the profiles and entering changes to them.
- SEQUENCER MODE (Another UNIQUE Feature)
For manufacturers of laminates to make PCB's who have to temperature cycle samples of the material ( means have to bring the material to a required temperature following recommended profile and cool it to room temperature) several times the X-Reflow306 LF-AC has a special mode of operation called SEQUENCER. In this mode, the operator can pre-program the sequence of up to eight Programs and the low end temperature to which the board which is cycled needs to be cooled to, and the oven will execute such sequence semi-automatically. Will run the first program, vent the oven from fumes, prompt the operator to lift the top clam shell, cool heated specimen to pre-programmed temperature and prompt the Operator to close the top clam shell and press ENTER to start the next cycle.
- INTERFACE with a PC
The unit is equipped with an interface to a PC (connection to a PC via an XKAR X485-USB converter) to enable firmware upgrades, use the X-KAR Oven Monitor program to see and document the real temperature on the processed PCB, and in the future, control the oven from a PC.
- ACCELERATED, ADVANCED COOLING SYSTEM (Model X-Reflow306 LF-AC only)
The Advanced Cooling System in the model X-Reflow306 LF-AC, when connected to a pressurized air line (known as shop air) cools the soldered PCB's at a much quicker rate than is possible in regular ovens. This provides better reliability of soldering connections, and better safety for the Operators handling the boards.
- INTELLIGENT AND UNIQUE FUME EXTRACTION MANAGEMENT
Each X-Reflow306 LF, like no other oven in the industry, is equipped with the Proprietary Fumes Cooling System and a program controlled power outlet for the fume extractor. This makes it possible to connect and start the Fume Extractor at the end of the Reflow Zone when the oven is still closed, and, extract the fumes before the oven is opened. The timing when, and how long the fume extractor will work is controlled by the oven administrator who can set this in the settings MENU. This way the fumes do not mix with room air and can be extracted through HEPA type high vacuum fume extractor. (X-KAR Brand offers X-306 FumeExtract for this purpose).